Healthy By Design Recognition Program encourages event coordinators and event venues to take part in the effort to make our community healthier. The goals of the Recognition Program are to create a standard of excellence for events in Yellowstone County and to recognize events that promote healthy lifestyles.
Event recognition is a great promotional tool for coordinators in Yellowstone County. Event coordinators will receive:
- Expert guidance and recommendations for planning the event
- Promotion of the event through the Healthy By Design website and social media outlets
- Use of the Healthy By Design logo, banners, and educational materials at the event
- Certificate of recognition
- The satisfaction of making a positive impact on community health
While no two events are exactly the same, there are five health standards that must be met for an event to be recognized as Healthy By Design: Safety, Nutrition, Environmental Stewardship, Physical Activity, and Prevention & Overall Wellness. If you have questions or need assistance in completing the Healthy By Design recognition application, see the documents pertaining to each standard.
Event Recognition Application
Fill out the form below, or download a hard copy of the Healthy By Design recognition application.
Hard copy applications should be submitted with supporting documentation to:
Healthy By Design
123 South 27th Street
Billings, MT 59101
The Healthy By Design Review Team reviews applications on an ongoing basis. To make the most of recognition and the materials and publicity that come with it, submit the application at least three weeks before the event.
- You will receive a written evaluation of your application with comments and suggestions from the Review Team with conditional or full approval.
- Recurring events will be recognized for one calendar year. An application for the ongoing event can be resubmitted for review and recognition annually.
The following is the online application for Healthy By Design Event Recognition. Using this form will not allow you to save and return to complete the form at a later time. If you would like to save as you go, please download an application.
Examples of Locally Recognized Events
Big Sky Economic Development Luncheon • Yellowstone Valley Elementary X-C Meet • Ales for Trails •Heart & Sole Run • Healthy Kids Day • Faith Community Nursing • Chicks in Science • Bike Walk Summit • Walk for Water • Friends Of The Poor Walk • Billings Family YMCA Feast N’ Float • Billings Clinic Safety & Wellness Fair • Capturing the Vision of Wellness American Indian Women’s Health Conference • Pink Ribbon Bingo-“A Ladies Night Out” • Tobacco Free Fun Night • Youth in Action • Indian Health Service Common Mission Conference • League of Women Voters Styleshow • MPHA-MEHA Fall Conference • Walk to Celebrate World Breastfeeding Week • Western Planners Conference • WIC Open House • Babysitter Lessons And Safety Training (BLAST) • Infill Policy Workshop