The Healthy By Design Gardeners’ Market is designed to bring healthy, fresh, local, and affordable fruits and vegetables to the community. The 2013 Gardeners’ Market ended October 3rd. Check back for more information about the 2014 market.
If you would like to receive a weekly reminder and update about the Gardeners’ Market click here, enter your contact information and put “Gardeners’ Market” in the Questions/Comments section.
Information for Vendors
Interested in selling at the 2013 Gardeners’ Market?
- Vendors are encouraged to accept WIC Farm Direct benefits at the Gardeners’ Market—to accept the benefits vendors need to attend a 30 minute training at the WIC Program. Contact the WIC Program at 406.247.3370.
- The 2013 Vendor Information brochure answers questions for gardeners and farmers.
- Beginning in 2013, vendors must adhere to the Gardeners’ Market Policies and Procedures Handbook.
- For vendor tips and resources, please refer to New Farmer’s Guide: Cultivating Success at Farmers Markets and Montana WIC Farm Direct Handbook.
- For more information leave a message at 406.651.6444 or e-mail email@example.com.
If you want to donate fresh produce from your garden or farm, call 406.651.6444 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Donations will be sold at the market for a small price, and all proceeds will go to purchasing supplies for demonstrations/activities at future markets.
Click here to find delicious and healthful recipes that incorporate fresh fruits and vegetables.
In the Media
8/28/12: Billings Gazette article Growing Goodness
6/5/12: Billings Gazette article Gardeners’ Market a Good Place to Find Local Produce 6/5/13: Billings Gazette article Gardeners’ Market fills South Side need 6/13/13: KULR-8 Clip: Farmers Gear up for Gardners Market 6/13/13: Q2 News Article: Garden Market returns to offer fresh produce
To view the Gardeners’ Market workplan under the Health Equity Workgroup, click here.
Sample of produce sold at the 2012 markets!