The Healthy By Design Gardeners’ Market is designed to bring healthy, fresh, local, and affordable fruits and vegetables to the community.Healthy By Design is partnering with Billings Parks, Recreation and Public Lands to bring the market to the South Park.
The 2014 Gardeners’ Market is every Thursday, June 12- October 2, from 4:30-6:30pm at South Park on the corner of S. 28th St. and 6th Ave. S. in Billings.
If you would like to receive a weekly reminder and update about the Gardeners’ Market click here, enter your contact information and put “Gardeners’ Market” in the Questions/Comments section.
Information for Vendors
- Vendors can sell fresh produce, eggs and handcrafted items. All products must be produced by the vendor.
- Vendors must call or e-mail the Market Manager at least two days before each market to ensure a space.
- Read the 2014 Vendor Handbook for information on selling at the market. Vendors will receive a vendor packet prior to selling, please contact the Market Manager at 406.651.6444 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for a vendor packet.
- Vendors are encouraged to accept SNAP, debit/credit tokens at the Gardeners’ Market. You must receive a short training before accepting tokens.
- Vendors are also encouraged to accept WIC Farm Direct benefits at the Gardeners’ Market. You must receive a 30-minute training at the WIC Program before accepting WIC benefits. Contact the WIC Program at 406.247.3370.
- For vendor tips and resources, please refer to New Farmer’s Guide: Cultivating Success at Farmers Markets and Montana WIC Farm Direct Handbook.
- For more information or if you have questions leave a message at 406.651.6444 or e-mail email@example.com.
If you want to donate fresh produce from your garden or farm, call 406.651.6444 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Donations will be brought to Women, Infants, Children (WIC) Supplemental Nutrition Program at RiverStone Health and/or Family Services, Inc. in Billings.
Click here to find delicious and healthful recipes that incorporate fresh fruits and vegetables.
In the Media
8/28/12: Billings Gazette article Growing Goodness
6/5/12: Billings Gazette article Gardeners’ Market a Good Place to Find Local Produce
6/5/13: Billings Gazette article Gardeners’ Market fills South Side need
6/13/13: KULR-8 Clip: Farmers Gear up for Gardners Market
6/13/13: Q2 News Article: Garden Market returns to offer fresh produce
To view the Gardeners’ Market workplan under the Health Equity Workgroup, click here.